Oil & Gas Development develops Baratai Block Project in Pakistan

147
1
AK&M 27 September 2023 14:00

The Pakistani oil and Gas company Oil & Gas Development Company Limited (OGDCL) has significantly increased the volume of hydrocarbon production at the Siab-1 well as part of the Baratai Block project. This is reported in the OGDCL press release.

OGDCL is developing the Baratai Block project in Kohat District (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province, Pakistan) and owns 97.5% in a joint venture with Baratai Block, which owns the remaining 2.5% of the shares.

Gas production at the Siab-1 well on the territory of the field Dhok Hussain started in January 2022. By optimizing production, OGDCL increased production to 390 barrels of oil per day without installing a drilling rig. 

OGDCL is a Pakistani oil and gas company. Akii is listed on the Pakistan and London Stock Exchanges. The company is engaged in the exploration, drilling, refining and sale of oil and gas in Pakistan. The headquarters is located in Islamabad (Pakistan). The Government of Pakistan owns 74% of the company's shares; the remaining shares are owned by private investors. In 2022, the company's sales amounted to 335.46 billion rupees, and profit - 133.78 billion rupees.

KPOGCL is a regional oil and gas holding company headquartered in Peshawar (Pakistan). The company was formed by the administration of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Province in 2013. KPOGCL is a member of the Pakistan Petroleum Exploration and Production Companies Association.